Tuesday, October 13, 2009

About Me

Traditionally, this has been the toughest section for me to fill. However of late I have started believing that as you start doing something with a degree of conviction, over a period of time you tend to get better at doing it. In the end you reach a point where what you end up doing doesn't really matter, as long as you did it well.

Corollary - Sustainability surfaces as one of the biggest secrets behind success. One who survives longer is invariably more successful than someone with - flashes in pans - cameos. As my best buddy would say - Sourav Ganguly may not have known how to hold the bat correctly, but the temperament to stick it out for more than a decade would make the next generations - purely impressed by stats - regard him as one of the greatest around in his time.

As most of the straight jackets around us, I always despised the verbosity that comes so naturally to good salesmen. I never appreciated the art of repeating things, spreading a message across. I have always been content with my thoughts being appreciated by a handful of friends, occasionally trying them out on different forums, only to be discouraged at the first hint of rejection. A sense of insecurity has always been responsible for this fear of rejection. This is my effort to break the escape velocity and set my thoughts free in this infinitely expanding orbit we call the internet.

For a start I have decided to write on a topic I am very passionate and comfortable about - Golden era of Bollywood - not only because it is a subject reserved for the romantics - hence less room for rejection (See I am yet to break free completely !), but also because I think I am pretty good at appreciating its goodness, or the degrees of it - great, all time great, classic....

No comments:

Post a Comment